Congratulations! You just bought a Barreto. Now what? Here are a few helpful answers to the most common questions we receive about our equipment.
We are here to continually provide superior service alongside your innovative Barreto product. Please reach out if you have any further questions or wish to order replacement parts. Call 1-800-525-7348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to our Tech Support Department, these questions are routinely answered:
Q. What kind of hydraulic oil should I use in my Barreto equipment?
- We use AW/ISO 68 hydraulic fluid in all Barreto equipment. If you are operating your machine below 32°F, then AW/ISO 46 is recommended.
Q. Does your equipment ship with hydraulic oil, or do I have to fill the tank when I receive the machine?
- The equipment ships with a full tank of hydraulic oil. Just fill the gas tank, check your engine oil level to make sure it is properly filled, and you’re ready to start.
Q. How much fluid should be in the hydraulic tank?
- The hydraulic fluid level should be visible about half way up in the sight glass on the side of the machine. For those older machines that do not have a sight glass, fill the tank to within 3 inches from the top of the tank.
Q. I need to add hydraulic fluid to my machine but do not have a tool to remove the fill plug. What kind of tool do I need?
- The fill plug takes a 9/16” hex tool to remove.
Q. How often should I change my hydraulic filter?
- For new machines, replace the filter after the first 50 hours. Then, every 200 hours thereafter. Also, add one quart of hydraulic fluid to the tank with every filter change.
Q. My hour meter is flashing. How do I reset it?
- Luckily, that’s simple - just wave a magnet above the hour display in the upper right-hand corner.
Q. What is the warranty on a Barreto?
- We offer a 1 year Manufacturer’s Warranty that guarantees your product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. Engines, engine accessories, batteries, and tires are warranted by the original manufacturers and are not covered by the Barreto Equipment Warranty. Honda and Briggs engine options come equipped with a 3-year Engine Manufacturer’s Warranty.
Q. Do you sell engine parts?
- No. For engine parts, you will need to contact your local engine dealer. If you don’t know a dealer in your area, please call us at 1-800-525-7348 and we will gladly help you find one.
Q. Where can I get parts for my Barreto equipment?
- Call us at 1-800-525-7348, fax your order to 1-541-963-6755, or email email@example.com with your request, and we will ship it to you. If you are not in the United States, visit our International Authorized Dealer page to see if we have a dealer in your country.
Q. I am trying to find a parts breakdown manual for my Barreto machine but I don’t see it on your website. How can I get one?
- Please contact us at 1-800-525-7348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to email you the parts manual for your equipment. Please have your serial number available so we can match you up with the correct drawings for your equipment. Currently, only Barreto Operating Manuals are available online.
Q. I need to touch up the paint on my Barreto equipment. What color should I use to match it?
- For touch ups, we use Rustoleum High Performance Enamel Safety Red, #V2163838 in a rattle can for the red touch ups, and we use Rustoleum High Performance Enamel Black #V2179838 for black touch ups.